Friday, April 10, 2009

Thank you Lynne


I want to thank Lynne Chapman for her acknowledgment of my work and her awarding me the Passion for Painting Award.
I appreciate it so much Lynne.
I love Lynne’s work, both her illustrations and her sketchbooks. Her blog has an enormous amount of information regarding her illustrated books, readings, her work process and much more. You can view her work at her blog:

Lynne Chapman


Something else I am passionate about. After drawing from life or starting a new painting (always such a thrill) that would have to be food. Good food is such a pleasure and the combinations of color texture and taste are like artworks to me from the simplest Croque Monsieur to one of Beth’s fabulous scallop stews. Now, chocolate is another topic - Oh well, if one could learn moderation.

So, now it’s my turn to choose an artist who inspires me. Melanie Reim is such a wonderful drawing teacher and artist. It’s Melanie that got me started on this recent drawing journey. What I love most about her drawings is that many are like paintings. Her line seems effortless, appears, inscribes and moves on.

Melanie Reim

So, I choose Melanie to receive this award as well.


Also, Antonio Garcia Lopez has long been a favorite painter of mine. Unfortunately he does not have a website I am aware of so try this for a view of his work:

Antonio Garcia-Lopez

One of my most favorite paintings ever is on that site: The Table, painted in 1971-1980.

No comments: